Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Geocaching

I had absolutely no idea what Geocaching was and am surprised that it's more of a fun game type thing to do. I've discovered that there are Geocaches in Angkor Wat in Cambodia and that would be a great place to be searching for them but I doubt whether I have enough time to play the game. Obviously geocaching can be used in libraries as an educational orientation game enabling people to discover objects and places in the Library. Maybe you could have a geocaching treasure hunt for books or what about taking it outside the Library and have people searching for caches that have been placed at historical sites. When looking at a list of libraries that use geocaching it seems that many use it as a fun event for teenagers. Maybe that is something we could use it for.

5 comments:

  1. Geocaching sounds interesting:) Well done for finishing:) I found your blog interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geocaching does look like fun. I was suprised at how many where available in my local area and had been found in the last 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geocache hunting in Cambodia sounds like it would be great fun! I hope that you have an awesome time on your trip :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on finishing! Loved all the references to Cambodia and finding out about modes of transport etc. I thought your early comment about travel blogs and not believing everything you read is very pertinant for someone who works in a library. All sources of information need to be examined in context and as you say there is a little of the truth in even the 2 extreems. I enjoyed your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it seems most people think it would a good thing to get young people into the library.

    ReplyDelete